Looking For Anything Specific?

Header Ads

Michael Jackson​ & Friends Seoul Speech 1999


I would like to dedicate tonight’s show to, in my opinion, a very special man who held a very high and respectable position in the government. And he’s not with us any longer, but he’s here in spirit. It’s a very special man, Sum Bogee. And his name is important also because this entire event tonight was possible because of a child that he bore, a very special man, a genius in my opinion, Mr. Myung-Ho Lee. I want to give him a round of applause. He made this evening possible. And his other half – I call them the dynamic duo, they’re amazing – Wayne Megan! [...], hi!”

I’m very happy to be back in Korea. I would like to thank my Korean friends for their warm welcome and hospitality, and to thank them for being here to help raise funds and support our suffering children here and all over the world.”

I feel a deep sadness for the Korean people who were torn from their families and loved ones and each other, by a war that has not ended, by decisions not their own. But I also feel great hope and respect for how Korea is now, with the leadership of president Kim Dae-jung, a great man who loves peace and respects human rights, trying to overcome a painful past. I’m here today because of my affection for Korean people – I love you so much! I really love you. And because of a promise I made to president Kim two years ago to lend my support to reconciliation efforts of the Korean people. Through this concert I hope to raise a global awareness for the predicament of Koreans, who are the only divided people in the world today. I wish to soon see the coming together of Korea as Germany has come together.”

And I promise that on that day I will be in Seoul again – with all of you – to celebrate together one of the greatest human triumphs of all time. I love you so much. This song is for you.”

Let’s take a bow, everybody. These are the guys that make it happen, my team. I thank all of you, and you too. I love you.”

I’m so glad we have this time together.”

Just to have a laugh and sing a song…”